- a device for lifting heavy objects, especially one for raising the axle of a motor vehicle off the ground so that a wheel can be changed or the underside inspected.；a playing card bearing a representation of a soldier, page, or knave, normally ranking next below a queen.
noun: jack, plural noun: jacks
- 1. a device for lifting heavy objects, especially one for raising the axle of a motor vehicle off the ground so that a wheel can be changed or the underside inspected.
- 2. a playing card bearing a representation of a soldier, page, or knave, normally ranking next below a queen.
- 3. a socket with two or more pairs of terminals designed to receive a jack plug.
- 4. in lawn bowling, the small ball at which the players aim.
- 5. a game played by tossing and catching small round pebbles or star-shaped pieces of metal or plastic.
- ▪ a small round pebble or star-shaped piece of metal used in the game of jacks.
- ▪ US informal used as a form of address to a man whose name is not known.
- ▪ North American informal a lumberjack.
- ▪ archaic a steeplejack.
- ▪ the figure of a man striking the bell on a clock.
- 6. a small version of a national flag flown at the bow of a vessel in harbor to indicate its nationality.
- 7. North American informal, dated money.
- 8. a device for turning a spit.
- 9. a part of the mechanism in a spinet or harpsichord that connects a key to its corresponding string and causes the string to be plucked when the key is pressed down.
- 10. a marine fish that is typically laterally compressed with a row of large spiky scales along each side. Jacks are important in many places as food or game fish.
- 11. the male of some animals, especially a merlin or an ass.
- 12. used in names of animals that are smaller than similar kinds, e.g., jacksnipe.
- 13. US informal short for jack shit
- 14. short for jackrabbit
...千斤頂；(支柱等)支撐物。 10.公驢；幼雄鮭魚；寒鴉。 11.〔美國〕長耳大野兔(＝jack rabbit)。 例句: automobile jack 汽車千斤頂。 bridging jack 【電學】並聯塞...
因為Jack and Mary是兩個人所以是複數， 當然可以用they代替...當作"有"的意思 而不是完成式裡面在用的have 原句是Jack and Mary have music lessons on Fridays...
單字片語:jack kk音標:[dʒk] 字尾變化:jacks 圖片參考：http://www.ginyi.com.tw/...www.ginyi.com.tw/imageN/wn.jpg (1)傑克【撲克牌的11點】 the jack of hearts 紅心傑克 (2)千斤頂、起重機 lift a car with a jack...