- a paid position of regular employment；a task or piece of work, especially one that is paid
- do casual or occasional work；buy and sell (stocks) as a broker-dealer, especially on a small scale
noun: job, plural noun: jobs
verb: job, 3rd person present: jobs, gerund or present participle: jobbing, past tense: jobbed, past participle: jobbed
- 1. a paid position of regular employment the scheme could create 200 jobs a part-time job 同義詞
- 2. a task or piece of work, especially one that is paid she wants to be left alone to get on with the job 同義詞
- ▪ a responsibility or duty it's our job to find things out 同義詞
- ▪ informal a difficult task we thought you'd have a job getting there 同義詞
- ▪ informal a procedure to improve the appearance of something someone had done a skilful paint job
- ▪ informal a crime, especially a robbery a series of daring bank jobs 同義詞
- ▪ an operation or group of operations treated as a single and distinct unit this feature allows your computer to queue print jobs
- 3. informal a thing of a specified kind the oven is one of those fancy-pants jobs with a convection fan
- 1. do casual or occasional work he left school and jobbed around as a car parts salesman, warehouseman, and removal man
- 2. buy and sell (stocks) as a broker-dealer, especially on a small scale his game plan is to buy in then job the shares on at a profit
- 3. North American informal cheat; betray he was jobbed by the Justice Department
- 4. archaic turn a public office or a position of trust to private advantage if left unfettered he would job
It's a tusk job, but somebody's gotta do it. 字面的意思是, 這是一件跟象牙有關的工作, 但...2007/04/24/nijhuis-simwinga/ 英文中有句老生常談 It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it. 用tusk 替換tough, 除了押韻, 強調tusk之外...
job safety 是「工作安全」，就是一般說的「工安」。 job security 是「安定的工作」，不會被亂炒魷魚，或動不動...就是那間公司沒做好 job safety 方面的工作，或是員工忽視 job safety，草率行事，造成事故。 而前一陣子經濟出大問題...
...you why he did it, why you're here? Jesus. What a mind job. So you're here to save the world." 2. What a mind job是讚嘆...