- the ability to make considered decisions or come to sensible conclusions；an opinion or conclusion
noun: judgement, plural noun: judgements
- 1. the ability to make considered decisions or come to sensible conclusions an error of judgement that is not, in my judgement, the end of the matter 同義詞
- ▪ an opinion or conclusion they make subjective judgements about children's skills
- ▪ a decision of a law court or judge county court judgements against individuals in debt 同義詞
- 2. a misfortune or calamity viewed as a divine punishment the events of last week are a judgement on us for our sinful ways 同義詞
- a judge's seat; a tribunal: everything should be decided before the judgement seat of reason
- the time of the Last Judgement; the end of the world.
- (of a law court or judge) give a decision concerning a defendant or legal matter
- an assessment of something as good or bad in terms of one's standards or priorities: it is a value judgement which a government is entitled to make the specification of this standard is pure value judgement
- the judgement of humankind expected in some religious traditions to take place at the end of ...
- delay the process of judging or giving one's opinion
- a postponement or stay of a court decision because of a legal challenge or problem: her counsel moved an arrest of judgement
- another term for Judgement Day
- (in the Bible) the arbitration of King Solomon over a baby claimed by two women (1 Kings ...