- a person or animal that kicks；the player in a team who scores by kicking or who kicks to gain positional advantage.
noun: kicker, plural noun: kickers
- 1. a person or animal that kicks the horses were either biters or kickers
- ▪ the player in a team who scores by kicking or who kicks to gain positional advantage.
- 2. North American informal an unexpected and often unpleasant discovery or turn of events the kicker was you couldn't get a permit
- ▪ an extra clause in a contract Hale added a kicker to the mortgage
- 3. informal a small outboard motor.
- 4. (in poker) a high third card retained in the hand with a pair at the draw.