- cause the death of (a person, animal, or other living thing)；get rid of or destroy completely, especially in large numbers
- an act of killing, especially of one animal by another；an animal or animals killed, either by a hunter or by another animal
verb: kill, 3rd person present: kills, gerund or present participle: killing, past tense: killed, past participle: killed
- 1. cause the death of (a person, animal, or other living thing):
her father was killed in a car crash
a robber armed with a shotgun who kills in cold blood
- 2. get rid of or destroy completely, especially in large numbers:
there is every possibility all river life would be killed off for generations
- 3. (of a writer) bring about the “death” of a fictional character.
- 4. put an end to or cause the failure or defeat of (something):
the committee voted to kill the project
- 5. stop (a computer program or process).
- 6. switch off (a light or engine).
- 7. delete (a line, paragraph, or file) from a document or computer.
- 8. (in soccer or other ball games) make (the ball) stop:
after killing the ball with his chest, he brushed past Reeves
- 9. (in tennis and similar games) hit (the ball) so forcefully that it cannot be returned.
- 10. neutralize or subdue (an effect or quality):
the sauce would kill the taste of the herbs
- 11. consume the entire contents of (a bottle containing an alcoholic drink):
I killed a rather good bottle of Fleurie
- 12. overwhelm (someone) with an emotion:
the suspense is killing me
- 13. overexert oneself:
I killed myself carrying those things home
- 14. used hyperbolically to indicate that someone will be extremely angry with (another person):
my parents will kill me if they catch me out here
- 15. cause pain or anguish to:
my feet are killing me
- 16. pass (time, or a specified amount of it), typically while waiting for a particular event:
when he reached the station he found he actually had an hour to kill
- 1. an act of killing, especially of one animal by another:
a lion has made a kill
- 2. an animal or animals killed, either by a hunter or by another animal:
the vulture is able to survey the land and locate a fresh kill
- 3. an act of destroying or disabling an enemy aircraft, submarine, tank, etc.:
the engagement resulted in fifty-one tank kills
- 4. (in tennis and similar games) a very forceful shot that cannot be returned.
...前面要用形容詞來形容是怎樣的風暴。 所以 (A) kill 原形動詞 (B) kills 單數第三人稱動詞...killing storms 「不合題意」，而不是沒有 killing storms 的說法。 若是有很強的暴風雨要來了...
Video Killed The Radio Star 電視終止無線電之...you tell them? 過去妳怎麼告訴他們的? Video killed the radio star. 電視終止無線電之星 Video killed...
He is so tired that he could kill for a rest now.. >>他現在真是累癱了，不管怎樣都要休息 The actress...e.g. I just finished climbing the mountain, and I would kill for a hot shower.>>我才剛爬完山，現在不管怎樣都要洗熱水澡...