- IPA[ˈnē ˈˌjərk]
- (of a response) automatic and unthinking；(of a person) responding in an automatic and unthinking way
- a sudden involuntary reflex kick caused by a blow on the tendon just below the knee.
noun: knee-jerk, plural noun: knee-jerks
- 1. (of a response) automatic and unthinking a knee-jerk reaction
- ▪ (of a person) responding in an automatic and unthinking way knee-jerk radicals
- 1. a sudden involuntary reflex kick caused by a blow on the tendon just below the knee.
... a line ready to thwart the disappointed face you might make as a knee-jerk reaction, something like, "It's not what I wanted, but then...
...:Briefly discuss the situation.Describe your initial (knee-jerk) perception (which is typically something negative about the other person, or something negative...
... me to exhibit things within my caliber. 4. A knee-jerk response to things within my expertise. 5. My reflex to an...