- a narrow horizontal surface projecting from a wall, cliff, or other surface；a window ledge.
noun: ledge, plural noun: ledges
- 1. a narrow horizontal surface projecting from a wall, cliff, or other surface he heaved himself up over a ledge
- ▪ a window ledge.
- 2. an underwater ridge, especially of rocks beneath the sea near the shore a reef ledge
- 3. a stratum of metal- or ore-bearing rock; a vein of quartz or other mineral.
- a narrow horizontal surface projecting from a wall, cliff, or other surface: he heaved himself up over a ledge
Oxford American Dictionary
He climbed onto the ledge through the door overlooking the festivitied beneath..... 這句子應該是 He...
... in the waters "that are" over the shallow undersea ledge near the land. that在子句裡代替waters，而不是fish。但"that + be動詞...
...睡夢中醒來，兩點剛過的凌晨時刻 2. But you're like the net under the ledge Net = safety net 安全網 ledge 高樓外壁，窗戶外的窄小平臺，(要跳樓如果...