- the part of the outfield to the left of the batter when facing the pitcher；a surprising or unconventional position or style
- (of artistic work) radical or experimental
noun: left field
- 1. the part of the outfield to the left of the batter when facing the pitcher:
a high fly to left field
- 2. a surprising or unconventional position or style:
seldom do so many witty touches come out of left field
- 3. a position of ignorance, error, or confusion:
he's way over in left field on these issues
- 1. (of artistic work) radical or experimental:
left-field guitar-based music
- IPA[ˈlɛf(t) ˈˌfild]
- n.the part of the outfield to the left of center field from the perspective of home plate:
- a high fly to left field
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
...' patience 'a little short'Matsui back in left field; Sheffield gets day off in rightBy...in right this season, was penciled into the left-field spot by Torre, who said he didn't want...
...例如互改作業的一種學習方式 to be out in left filed: 'In baseball, left field is at the furthest distance from the batter, to his left; [literally...
...我看棒球的經驗在球場上只分三個防衛（defensive) 區：center field, right field, and left field...... 但，以整個球場而言： infield： 內野；指整個鑽石區（diamond) 由三個壘及...