- (of a person or animal) be in or assume a horizontal or resting position on a supporting surface；(of a thing) rest flat on a surface
- the way, direction, or position in which something lies；the position in which a golf ball comes to rest, especially as regards the ease of the next shot
verb: lie, 3rd person present: lies, gerund or present participle: lying, past tense: lay, past participle: lain
- 1. (of a person or animal) be in or assume a horizontal or resting position on a supporting surface the body lay face downwards on the grass I had to lie down because I was groggy 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a thing) rest flat on a surface a book lay open on the table 同義詞
- ▪ (of a dead person) be buried in a particular place his body lies in a crypt his epitaph reads ‘Here lies Garcia, King of Galicia and Portugal’ 同義詞
- 2. be, remain, or be kept in a specified state the abbey lies in ruins today putting homeless families into private houses that would otherwise lie empty
- ▪ (of something abstract) reside or be found the solution lies in a return to traditional values 同義詞
- 3. (of a place) be situated in a specified position or direction Kexby lies about five miles due east of York 同義詞
- ▪ (of a scene) extend from the observer's viewpoint in a specified direction stand here, and all of Amsterdam lies before you
- ▪ British (of a competitor or team) be in a specified position during a competition or within a group United are currently lying in fifth place
- 4. (of an action, charge, or claim) be admissible or sustainable an action for restitution would lie for money paid in breach of the law
- 1. the way, direction, or position in which something lies he was familiarizing himself with the lie of the streets
- ▪ the position in which a golf ball comes to rest, especially as regards the ease of the next shot the lie, in deep rough on a bank, was not good
- ▪ the lair or place of cover of an animal.
lie (v)說謊，三態為 lie lied lied (規則變化) He lied about ...n)謊言 He would take a lie from no man. 他不聽人謊言。 lie (v)躺、臥，三態為 lie lay lain (不規則變化...
Lie-Lie-Lie DJ OZMA Lie...la-Lie Lie-Lie-Lie-la-Lie She says Good-bye 予感...) 我只會Liar（Liar） Lie-La-La Lie-La-La...
...竟然 把 自己的母語 給 忘記了? 2. 王子先生 好奇的是 其中lies的用法 因為lie當動詞時通常是用lie in 或 lie to ... 為神? 因為 這是倒裝句. 3. 字典裡找...