- of little weight; not heavy；deficient in weight, especially by a specified amount
- 1. of little weight; not heavy they are very light and portable you're as light as a feather 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ deficient in weight, especially by a specified amount the sack of potatoes is 5 pounds light
- ▪ not strongly or heavily built or constructed light, impractical clothes light armor 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ carrying or suitable for small loads light commercial vehicles
- ▪ carrying only light armaments light infantry
- ▪ (of a vehicle, ship, or aircraft) traveling unladen or with less than a full load.
- ▪ (of soil) friable, porous, and workable. 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of an isotope) having not more than the usual mass; (of a compound) containing such an isotope.
- 2. relatively low in density, amount, or intensity passenger traffic was light light summer breezes
- ▪ (of sleep or a sleeper) easily disturbed I'm a light sleeper her sleep was light and fitful
- ▪ easily borne or done he received a relatively light sentence some light housework 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. (of food or a meal) small in quantity and easy to digest a light supper 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a foodstuff) low in fat, cholesterol, sugar, or other rich ingredients stick to a light diet
- ▪ (of drink) not too sweet or rich in flavor or strongly alcoholic a glass of light Hungarian wine
- ▪ (of food, especially pastry or sponge cake) fluffy or well aerated during cooking it was delicious, the pastry light and flaky
- 4. gentle or delicate she planted a light kiss on his cheek my breathing was steady and light 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of type) having thin strokes; not bold times shown in light type denote connecting services
- 5. (of entertainment) requiring little mental effort; not profound or serious pop is thought of as light entertainment some light reading 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ not serious or solemn his tone was light 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ free from worry or unhappiness; cheerful I left the island with a light heart 同義詞 反義詞
- 6. archaic (of a woman) having many casual sexual encounters or relationships.