- of little weight; not heavy；deficient in weight, especially by a specified amount
- 1. of little weight; not heavy they are very light and portable light alloy wheels 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ deficient in weight, especially by a specified amount the sack of potatoes is 5 kilos light
- 2. not strongly or heavily built or made light, impractical clothes light armour 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ carrying or suitable for small loads light commercial vehicles
- ▪ carrying only light armaments light infantry
- ▪ (of a vehicle, ship, or aircraft) travelling unladen or with less than a full load.
- ▪ (of soil) friable, porous, and workable. 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of an isotope) having not more than the usual mass; (of a compound) containing such an isotope.
- 3. relatively low in density, amount, or intensity passenger traffic was light light autumn rains
- ▪ (of sleep or a sleeper) easily disturbed I'm a light sleeper her sleep was light and fitful
- ▪ easily borne or done he received a light sentence some light housework 同義詞 反義詞
- 4. (of food or a meal) small in quantity and easy to digest a light supper 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a foodstuff) low in fat, cholesterol, sugar, or other rich ingredients stick to a light diet
- ▪ (of drink) not strongly alcoholic or heavy on the stomach a light Hungarian wine
- ▪ (of pastry or cake) fluffy or well aerated during cooking it was delicious, the pastry light and flaky
- 5. gentle or delicate she planted a light kiss on his cheek my breathing was steady and light 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of type) having thin strokes; not bold times shown in light type denote connecting services
- 6. (of entertainment) requiring little mental effort; not profound or serious pop is thought of as light entertainment some light reading 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ not solemn or unhappy; cheerful I left the island with a light heart 同義詞 反義詞
- 7. archaic (of a woman) having many casual sexual encounters or relationships.