- a point or level beyond which something does not or may not extend or pass；the terminal point or boundary of an area or movement
- set or serve as a limit to
noun: limit, plural noun: limits
- 1. a point or level beyond which something does not or may not extend or pass the limits of presidential power the 10-minute limit on speeches
- ▪ the terminal point or boundary of an area or movement the city limits the upper limit of the tidal reaches 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the furthest extent of one's physical or mental endurance Mary Ann tried everyone's patience to the limit other horses were reaching their limit 同義詞
- 2. a restriction on the size or amount of something permissible or possible an age limit a weight limit 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a speed limit a 30 mph limit
- ▪ (in card games) an agreed maximum stake or bet.
- ▪ the maximum concentration of alcohol in the blood that the law allows in the driver of a motor vehicle the risk of drinkers inadvertently going over the limit
- 3. a point or value that a sequence, function, or sum of a series can be made to approach progressively, until it is as close to the point or value as desired.
- 1. set or serve as a limit to try to limit the amount you drink class sizes are limited to a maximum of 10
- restricted in size, amount, or extent; few, small, or short: a limited number of places are available special offers available for a limited period
Oxford American Dictionary
- restricted in size, amount, or extent; few, small, or short: a limited number of places are available the legislation has had a limited effect
- a point for which every neighbourhood contains at least one point belonging to a given set.
- the maximum speed at which a vehicle may legally travel on a particular stretch of road: a 50 mph speed limit
- either of the extreme values of a confidence interval.
Oxford American Dictionary
- a bid showing that the value of the bidder's hand is only just sufficient for a bid.
- a legal limit on the number of terms, or consecutive terms, that the holder of a particular ... San Antonio mayors have a term limit of four terms
- the distance within which the gravitational field of a large body is strong enough to prevent ...
- a point or level beyond which something does not or may not extend or pass: the failure showed the limits of British power the 10-minute limit on speeches
- set or serve as a limit to: try to limit the amount you drink class sizes are limited to a maximum of 10
Limited Partnership的中文翻譯為"有限合夥" 經建會指出，有限合夥...一般合夥人（General Partner）與一人（含）以上之有限合夥人（Limited Partner），依據合夥契約共同組成。在財務責任方面，，「一般合夥人...
...講好了： 這條公路有 speed limitation，它規定的最高 speed limit 是 90 公里。 limit 著重在允許的範圍「上限」，limitation...那個裝置就稱為 speed limitation device。 總結來說， speed limit 是公路上的速限。 speed limitation 是使車加速的能力受到...
Limit 字義解釋: 1. 界線;界限 2. 限度;限制;極限 3. 範圍,境界 4. 【口】使人無法容忍的人(或事物) 5. (漁獵等的)限額 vt. 1. 限制;限定 [(+to)] 只有to是對的喔! 2007-05-18 14:51:42 補充： 我剛剛也用了英漢字典查了,真的只有to是對的!