- give one's attention to a sound；take notice of and act on what someone says; respond to advice or a request
- an act of listening to something
noun: listen, plural noun: listens
verb: listen, 3rd person present: listens, gerund or present participle: listening, past tense: listened, past participle: listened
- 1. give one's attention to a sound:
evidently he was not listening
sit and listen to the radio
- 2. take notice of and act on what someone says; respond to advice or a request:
I told her over and over again, but she wouldn't listen
- 3. make an effort to hear something; be alert and ready to hear something:
they listened for sounds from the baby's room
- 4. used to urge someone to pay attention to what one is going to say:
listen, I've got an idea
- 1. an act of listening to something:
radio plays are definitely worth a listen
...直接中譯上幾乎沒有什麼差別, 只有在語意上稍微不同而已. listen to 就是 "聽" 的意思, 通常 listen to 後面接的受詞, 已經...回音. 第二句裡面, 我"聽"的時候, 回音未必存在. 當然, listen to 的另外用法 "聽話", 就不可以用 listen for 來代換了.
...及物動詞 vi. (不及物動詞 intransitive verb) 聽,留神聽[(+to)] She is listening to the radio. 她在聽廣播。 Each night after dinner we like to listen to the...
老登很樂意回答 誰應該聽誰的話 Tom should listen to his mother. 學生應該聽老師的話 Students should listen to the...