- a particular place or position；an actual place or natural setting in which a film or broadcast is made, as distinct from a simulation in a studio
noun: location, plural noun: locations
- 1. a particular place or position the property is set in a convenient location
- ▪ an actual place or natural setting in which a film or broadcast is made, as distinct from a simulation in a studio the movie was filmed entirely on location
- ▪ the action of locating someone or something the location of new housing beyond the existing built-up areas
- ▪ a position or address in computer memory.
- 2. South African dated an area where black South Africans were obliged by apartheid laws to live, usually on the outskirts of a town or city. The term was later replaced by township.
- a particular place or position: the property is set in a convenient location
Oxford American Dictionary