- a jail, especially a temporary one.；non-residential premises that can be locked up, typically a small shop or garage
noun: lock-up, plural noun: lock-ups
- 1. a jail, especially a temporary one. 同義詞 jail, prison, cell, police cell, place of detention, ... 更多
- 2. British non-residential premises that can be locked up, typically a small shop or garage a lock-up garage 同義詞 storeroom, store, warehouse, depository, storage space, ... 更多
- 3. the locking up of premises for the night.
- ▪ the time when premises are locked up hurrying back to their houses before lock-up
- 4. the action of becoming fixed or immovable anti-lock braking helps prevent wheel lock-up
- 5. an investment in assets which cannot readily be realized or sold on in the short term.