- of imposing height；of a noble or exalted nature
- 1. of imposing height:
the elegant square was shaded by lofty palms
- 2. of a noble or exalted nature:
an extraordinary mixture of harsh reality and lofty ideals
- 3. proud, aloof, or self-important:
lofty intellectual disdain
- 4. (of wool and other textiles) thick and resilient.
- adj.of imposing height:
- the elegant square was shaded by lofty palms
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
...: It’d be great if English were this easy. Lofty is high, ploy is way. Therefore, lofty ploy is high way...
... a person climbing up hillocks but goes down the lofty mountains
應該可以改成： Because a man of lofty ideals will motivate strong attempts and achieve uncommon goals...