- 1. 小心 Look out! There is a train coming. 當心﹐火車來了！ Police will be looking out for trouble-makers at today's match. 今天的比賽有警察防備著搗亂分子。
- 2. 留意; 照料 Please look out for a good teacher for my son. 請給我兒子留心找個好老師。 Will you go to the station and look out for Mr. Hill? 你到火車站去迎候希爾先生好嗎?
- 3. 向外看 She stood at the window and looked out. 她站在窗前向外看。
- 4. 挑選; 尋找 I'm looking out some books for a friend in hospital. 我在為一位住院的朋友挑選幾本書。 I have to look out for these letters. 我得把那些信找出來。
- 面對 Our house looks out on the garden. 從我們的房子往外看可看到花園。
- 尋出某物 I must look out some bits and pieces for the church jumble sale. 我得找些零碎東西捐給教堂作義賣。
- 注意 look out! 當心！ look out behind you! 當心身後！
- 找出 to look sth. out for sb. 為某人找出某物