- supreme power or rule；the authority or state of being a lord
noun: lordship, plural noun: lordships
- 1. supreme power or rule his lordship over the other gods
- ▪ archaic the authority or state of being a lord Durham had become another sphere in which he could exercise his good lordship
- ▪ historical a piece of land belonging to or under the jurisdiction of a lord lands including the lordship of Denbigh
- 2. (in the UK) a respectful form of reference or address to a judge, a bishop, or a man with a title if Your Lordship pleases
- ▪ British ironic a form of address or reference to a man thought to be acting in a pretentious way.
- supreme power or rule: his lordship over the other gods
Oxford American Dictionary
補充: airship kinship warship worship flagship headship ladyship lordship township wardship courtship lightship spaceship transship troopship battleship censorship fellowship mastership membership penmanship seamanship generalship workmanship
...ship: 1表示狀態或情況：scholarship（友誼，學院院士） 2表示等級，官職或身分：lordship（貴族身分), 3表示手藝或技能：horsemanship（騎術)，workmanship（做工）scholarship...
... Green Crown Court is a short distance along Lordship Lane.