- lie, sit, or stand in a relaxed or lazy way
- a public room, as in a hotel, theater, or club, in which to sit and relax；a spacious area in an airport with seats for waiting passengers
noun: lounge, plural noun: lounges
- 1. lie, sit, or stand in a relaxed or lazy way several students were lounging about reading papers
- 1. a public room, as in a hotel, theater, or club, in which to sit and relax the hotel has a pleasant lounge and bar a TV lounge 同義詞
- ▪ a spacious area in an airport with seats for waiting passengers the departure lounge
- ▪ short for cocktail lounge
- 2. US a couch or sofa, especially a backless one having a headrest at one end.
- an idle man who spends his time in places frequented by rich and fashionable people: he was a lounge lizard in London and a stockbroker in Manhattan
- a room with large windows and sometimes a glass roof, designed to allow in a lot of sunlight.
- a seating area in an airport where passengers wait immediately prior to boarding.
- a man's suit consisting of a matching jacket and trousers, worn during the day, especially ...
- an establishment where young women or girls are coerced into working as prostitutes and receive ... he vowed to work with the community to close down lolly lounges
- the smarter and more comfortably furnished bar in a pub: they sat in a corner of the lounge bar until closing time
- a sofa with a backrest at only one end.
- an adjustable outdoor reclining chair incorporating a leg rest: he'll be reclining on a banana lounge somewhere in the Swedish alps
- lie, sit, or stand in a relaxed or lazy way: several students were lounging about reading papers
- a public room in a hotel, theatre, or club in which to sit and relax: the hotel has a pleasant lounge and bar a TV lounge