- of less than average height from top to bottom or to the top from the ground；situated not far above the ground, the horizon, or sea level
- a low point, level, or figure；an area of low barometric pressure; a depression
- in or into a low position or state；in a low voice or at a low pitch
noun: low, plural noun: lows
- 1. of less than average height from top to bottom or to the top from the ground the school is a long, low building a low table 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ situated not far above the ground, the horizon, or sea level the sun was low in the sky 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ located at or near the bottom of something low back pain he smashed a pane low down in the window
- ▪ (of women's clothing) cut so as to reveal the neck and the upper part of the breasts the low neckline of her blouse a low-cut black dress 同義詞
- ▪ (of latitude) near the equator the warming effect will be greatest at low latitudes
- ▪ (of a vowel) pronounced with the tongue held low in the mouth; open.
- 2. below average in amount, extent, or intensity bringing up children on a low income borrowing fell to a low level 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a river or lake) below the usual water level the river was low
- ▪ (of a substance or food) containing smaller quantities than usual of a specified ingredient vegetables are low in calories low-fat spreads
- ▪ (of a supply) small or reduced in quantity food and ammunition were running low 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ having a small or reduced quantity of a supply they were low on fuel
- 3. ranking below other people or things in importance or class jobs with low status training will be given low priority 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of art or culture) considered to be inferior in quality and refinement the dual traditions of high and low art 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ less good than is expected or desired; inferior the standard of living is low 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ unscrupulous or dishonest practise a little low cunning 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of an opinion) unfavourable he had a low opinion of himself 同義詞 反義詞
- 4. (of a sound or voice) not loud or high keep the volume very low his low, husky voice 同義詞 反義詞
- 5. depressed or lacking in energy I was feeling low 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. a low point, level, or figure his popularity ratings are at an all-time low
- ▪ an area of low barometric pressure; a depression the weatherman talked about highs and lows
- 2. a difficult time in a person's life the highs and lows of an actor's life
- ▪ informal a state of depression she doesn't have big highs or big lows
- 1. in or into a low position or state she pressed on, bent low to protect her face
- 2. in a low voice or at a low pitch we were talking low so we wouldn't wake Dean
你查不到lowest的原因很簡單 因為est是最高級! er是比較級~如果單字很長..前面則會加more 像low就是原級了 舉例說明會比較清楚 -------------------------------------------------------------------- low prices---------低價格 lower prices-------較低價格 lowest...
... through the hallway 大樓由此進 2012-10-27 00:35:19 補充： Access lower-cost or superior production factors 接觸(進而使用)低價且優質的製造法...
Please keep your seatbelt fastened low (i.e. across your hips) and tight when seated at all times...