- letters and packages conveyed by the postal system；the postal system
- send (a letter or package) using the postal system；send (someone) email
verb: mail, 3rd person present: mails, gerund or present participle: mailing, past tense: mailed, past participle: mailed
noun: mail, plural noun: mails
- 1. letters and packages conveyed by the postal system I did not receive any mail
- ▪ the postal system you can order by mail the check is in the mail
- ▪ a single delivery or collection of mail the new magazine that came in the mail today
- ▪ email you've got mail
- ▪ a vehicle, such as a train, carrying mail.
- ▪ a bag of letters to be conveyed by the postal system.
- 1. send (a letter or package) using the postal system if you will mail the coupon, we'll send you a free trial package
- ▪ send (someone) email his site is OK and I can even mail him direct