- impressive stateliness, dignity, or beauty；royal power
noun: majesty, plural noun: majesties
- 1. impressive stateliness, dignity, or beauty:
experience the majesty of the Rockies
- 2. royal power:
the majesty of the royal household
- 3. a title given to a sovereign or a sovereign's wife or widow:
Her Majesty the Queen
- 4. used in the title of several state institutions:
Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Schools
- n.impressive beauty, scale, or stateliness:
- the majesty of Ben Nevis
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
...caliph, crowned head, czar, emperor, gerent, imperator, kaiser, khan, magnate, maharajah, majesty, mikado, mogul, monarch, overlord, pasha, potentate, prince, rajah, rex, shah, sovereign, sultan, tycoonautocrat...
PRESIDENT BUSH: Your Majesty, and Your Royal Highness... state dinner held in Your Majesty's honor here at the White House...
Her Majesty the Queen's Knight