- 大肆宣揚 The climber made much of the hardship of his mountain climb. 爬山者特別強調爬山的艱辛。 She was always made much of by her adoring friends. 她的朋友總是那麼崇拜她。
- 輕視 He made little of all troubles. 他不把任何麻煩放在心上。 They made little of his achievements. 他們低估了他的成就。
- 提到 The newspaper did not make any mention of her achievements. 這家報紙並沒有提到她的成就。 Did she make any mention of having seen me? 她有沒有提及見過我?
- 使用, 利用 Solar energy will be an important source of energy which we can make use of in future. 太陽能將是我們可以利用的重要能源。 I can make use of the new typewriter. 我會使用這台新打字機。
- 使混亂 The rain made hay of our plans. 這場雨打亂了我們的計劃。 She made hay of my argument. 她把我的論點攪得亂七八糟。
- 【口】徹底擊敗或駁倒 The Prime Minister made mincemeat of his opponent's arguments. 首相把對方反對他的論點駁得體無完膚。
- 不了解; 把...不當回事 I can make nothing of his words. 我不明白他的話。 They made nothing of working twelve hours a day. 他們對每天工作十二個小時滿不在意。
你好～～～ 有一首歌的歌名，名為 "Memories are made of this"︰ http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/d/dean_martin/memories...
made of something 是指用某種原料做成ㄉ~ made by something 是只某地或某人出產ㄉ~ genuine leather (真皮) 是一種原料~ 所以要用made of 而不是 made by~ 希望有幫到你~^^
make of 以～材料作成 當原材料製成成品後，原材料仍保持原有性質，例句： This chair is made of wood. make from 以～原料製成 當原材料製成成品後，失去了原有的性質，例句...