- 大肆宣揚 The climber made much of the hardship of his mountain climb. 爬山者特別強調爬山的艱辛。 She was always made much of by her adoring friends. 她的朋友總是那麼崇拜她。
- 輕視 He made little of all troubles. 他不把任何麻煩放在心上。 They made little of his achievements. 他們低估了他的成就。
- 【口】徹底擊敗或駁倒 The Prime Minister made mincemeat of his opponent's arguments. 首相把對方反對他的論點駁得體無完膚。
- 使用, 利用 Solar energy will be an important source of energy which we can make use of in future. 太陽能將是我們可以利用的重要能源。 I can make use of the new typewriter. 我會使用這台新打字機。
- 理解...的意義或性質 What do you make of it all? 你明白那都是什麼意思嗎? What are we to make of her behaviour? 她的表現我們應該怎樣看?
- 輕視; 對...不在乎 He makes light of his illness. 他對自己的病不在乎。
- 嘲笑 I don't understand why you are always making sport of him. 我不理解你們為什麼總是捉弄他。