- the state or period of being a man rather than a child；the qualities traditionally associated with men, such as courage, strength, and sexual potency
noun: manhood, plural noun: one's manhoods
- 1. the state or period of being a man rather than a child:
boys in the process of growing to manhood
- 2. the qualities traditionally associated with men, such as courage, strength, and sexual potency:
we drank to prove our manhood
- 3. the men of a country or society regarded collectively:
Germany had lost the best of her young manhood
- 4. used euphemistically to refer to a man's penis:
car worker Dave nearly lost his manhood on the production line
- 5. the condition of being human:
the unity of Godhead and manhood in Christ
- n.the state or period of being a man rather than a child:
- boys in the process of growing to manhood
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
...一般源遠流長的社會中，男人居於支配地位的佔多數。因此manhood 以成年人來解釋應為當。 acting out different ...一般源遠流長的社會中，男人居於支配地位的佔多數。因此manhood 可被看為成年，以成年人來解釋應為當。 acting...
...up to the bear and slap him? Count coup on him as a test of manhood 您知道印第安男孩過去須遭逢與熊相對並摑熊一掌嗎? 他的成年考驗就全仰賴...
1. intelligence; sapiency; sconce; wisdom 2. courage; gut; manhood; mettle; nerve; pecker; pluck; pride; prowess; stomach; valor; valiance; valiancy; virtue 3. eternity...