- handle or control (a tool, mechanism, etc.), typically in a skillful manner；alter, edit, or move (text or data) on a computer
verb: manipulate, 3rd person present: manipulates, gerund or present participle: manipulating, past tense: manipulated, past participle: manipulated
- 1. handle or control (a tool, mechanism, etc.), typically in a skillful manner he manipulated the dials of the set 同義詞
- ▪ alter, edit, or move (text or data) on a computer the pupils can manipulate the data or screen image
- ▪ examine or treat (a part of the body) by feeling or moving it with the hand a system of healing based on manipulating the ligaments of the spine 同義詞
- 2. control or influence (a person or situation) cleverly, unfairly, or unscrupulously the masses were deceived and manipulated by a tiny group 同義詞
- ▪ alter (data) or present (statistics) so as to mislead nations may still be able to manipulate their own data 同義詞
- handle or control (a tool, mechanism, information, etc.) in a skilful manner: he manipulated the dials of the set
by wiring into them the names of the variables they manipulate. "wire" in this context is a computer terminology, meaning: to implement...
...閒扯蛋. BFS:美式俚語,閒扯蛋的意思. 1:34 and getting manipulated to the point where her actions have no effect in the plot at all 她...
Therefore, during its manipulating and packaging, honey is usually submitted to thermal treatment; however...