- a shelf above a fireplace.；a projecting ledge of rock.
- perform a mantelshelf move
verb: mantelshelf, 3rd person present: mantelshelfs, gerund or present participle: mantelshelfing, past tense: mantelshelfed, past participle: mantelshelfed
noun: mantelshelf, plural noun: mantelshelves
- 1. a shelf above a fireplace.
- ▪ a projecting ledge of rock.
- ▪ a move for climbing on to a projecting ledge of rock from below by pressing down on it with the hands to raise the upper body, enabling a foot or knee to reach the ledge the mantelshelf technique
- 1. perform a mantelshelf move she mantelshelfed on a hold as big as a dinner plate
- a shelf above a fireplace.
- perform a mantelshelf move: she mantelshelfed on a hold as big as a dinner plate
Oxford American Dictionary