- relating to or situated at the edge or margin of something；of secondary or minor importance; not central
- a plant that grows in water adjacent to the edge of land.
noun: marginal, plural noun: marginals
- 1. relating to or situated at the edge or margin of something marginal notes
- ▪ of secondary or minor importance; not central it seems likely to make only a marginal difference a marginal criminal element 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a decision or distinction) very narrow a marginal offside decision 同義詞
- ▪ relating to water adjacent to the land's edge or coast water lilies and marginal aquatics
- ▪ (chiefly of costs or benefits) relating to or resulting from small or unit changes.
- ▪ (of taxation) relating to increases in income.
- ▪ (of a parliamentary seat) having a small majority and therefore at risk in an election.
- ▪ close to the limit of profitability, especially through difficulty of exploitation marginal farmland
- 1. a plant that grows in water adjacent to the edge of land.