- large and heavy or solid；exceptionally large
- a group of young people from a particular area with a common interest in dance music
- 1. large and heavy or solid a massive rampart of stone
- 2. exceptionally large massive crowds are expected
- ▪ very serious a massive heart attack
- ▪ informal very successful or influential the band are going to be massive
- 3. (of rocks or beds) having no discernible form or structure a massive limestone without bedding planes
- ▪ (of a mineral) not visibly crystalline massive sulphides
- 1. British informal a group of young people from a particular area with a common interest in dance music the Bristol massive
- large and heavy or solid: a massive rampart of stone
Oxford American Dictionary
massive brute strength and hulking, ape-like arms巨大的蠻力和像猿猴般笨重的武器 massive: 大的；重的；大規模的；大量的brute: 粗暴的，殘忍的，兇惡的；蠻橫的。
我的看法是，massive在這裡形容the severity of the discounts -- 折扣的深度；也就是您的&ldquo...是“要在哪裡給折扣”，所以本來就是應該是全面的。換句話說，此處的massive不牽涉到折扣的廣泛度(the breath of the discount)。而是在他們的所有銷售處都給予...
...看起來好像正在從空中飛下來(降落)，所以此句可這樣翻： "Above the massive mantle, a half-dozen mounted mallards were “cupped...