- physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit; (in physics) that which occupies space and possesses rest mass, especially as distinct from energy；a particular substance
- be important or significant；(of a person) be important or influential
noun: matter, plural noun: matters
verb: matter, 3rd person present: matters, gerund or present participle: mattering, past tense: mattered, past participle: mattered
- 1. physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit; (in physics) that which occupies space and possesses rest mass, especially as distinct from energy:
the structure and properties of matter
- 2. a particular substance:
- 3. written or printed material:
- 4. a subject or situation under consideration:
a great deal of work was done on this matter
- 5. something which is to be tried or proved in court; a case.
- 6. the present state of affairs:
we can do nothing to change matters
- 7. the reason for distress or a problem:
what's the matter?
- 8. the substance or content of a text as distinct from its style or form.
- 9. the body of a printed work, as distinct from titles, headings, etc.
- 10. the particular content of a proposition, as distinct from its form.
- 1. be important or significant:
it doesn't matter what the guests wear
what did it matter to them?
- 2. (of a person) be important or influential:
she was trying to get known by the people who matter
- 3. (of a wound) secrete or discharge pus.
what - 跟 no matter - ［ ex: whatever / no matter what 在用法上有哪些不同呢 像是放句首 或者 前面需不需要名詞 等等之類的 您問的應是whatever vs. no matter what, 對吧? 疑問詞+ever字尾 = no matter + 疑問詞 放在句首, 二者的前面都不...
matter 有很多解釋,以下是不同 matter 的用法: 事情;問題;事件[C] It was...with this car. 當名詞 這輛汽車有點毛病。 物質[U] Matter exists in three states: solid, liquid and gas...
這裡整理的很清楚 matter: http://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/matter_2 relieve: http://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/relieve...2009-09-15 03:40:38 補充： 突然想到你的問題 MATTER 1. it doesn’t matter if+子句 2. it doesn’t matter who/what/why/where/when/how+子句 3. it doesn&rsquo...