- physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit; (in physics) that which occupies space and possesses rest mass, especially as distinct from energy；a particular substance
- be important or significant；(of a person) be important or influential
noun: matter, plural noun: matters
verb: matter, 3rd person present: matters, gerund or present participle: mattering, past tense: mattered, past participle: mattered
- 1. physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit; (in physics) that which occupies space and possesses rest mass, especially as distinct from energy the structure and properties of matter 同義詞
- ▪ a particular substance organic matter faecal matter 同義詞
- ▪ written or printed material reading matter
- 2. a subject or situation under consideration a great deal of work was done on this matter financial matters 同義詞
- ▪ something which is to be tried or proved in court; a case.
- ▪ the present state of affairs we can do nothing to change matters
- 3. the reason for distress or a problem what's the matter? 同義詞
- 4. the substance or content of a text as distinct from its style or form. 同義詞
- ▪ the body of a printed work, as distinct from titles, headings, etc.
- ▪ the particular content of a proposition, as distinct from its form.
- 1. be important or significant it doesn't matter what the guests wear what did it matter to them? 同義詞
- ▪ (of a person) be important or influential she was trying to get known by the people who matter 同義詞
- 2. US rare (of a wound) secrete or discharge pus.
matter 有很多解釋,以下是不同 matter 的用法: 事情;問題;事件[C] It was...with this car. 當名詞 這輛汽車有點毛病。 物質[U] Matter exists in three states: solid, liquid and gas...
這裡整理的很清楚 matter: http://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/matter_2 relieve: http://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/relieve...2009-09-15 03:40:38 補充： 突然想到你的問題 MATTER 1. it doesn’t matter if+子句 2. it doesn’t matter who/what/why/where/when/how+子句 3. it doesn&rsquo...
No matter what you say, I won't believe you. = Whatever you say, I won't believe you. Phone me when you arrive, no matter how late it is. = Phone me when you arrive, however late it ...