- fully developed physically; full-grown；(especially of a young person) having reached a stage of mental or emotional development characteristic of an adult
- (of a person or thing) become fully grown or developed；(of a person) reach an advanced stage of mental or emotional development
verb: mature, 3rd person present: matures, gerund or present participle: maturing, past tense: matured, past participle: matured
- 1. fully developed physically; full-grown she was now a mature woman owls are sexually mature at one year 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (especially of a young person) having reached a stage of mental or emotional development characteristic of an adult a young man mature beyond his years 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of thought or planning) careful and thorough on mature reflection he decided they should not go 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ used euphemistically to describe someone middle-aged or old Miss Walker was a mature lady when she married
- 2. having reached the most advanced stage in a process Van Gogh's mature work
- ▪ (of certain foods or drinks) ready for consumption a rather nice mature Camembert 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ denoting an economy, industry, or market that has developed to a point where substantial expansion and investment no longer takes place a mature, sophisticated economy
- 3. (of a bill, bond, etc.) due for payment or repayment.
- 1. (of a person or thing) become fully grown or developed children mature at different ages the trees take at least thirty years to mature 同義詞
- ▪ (of a person) reach an advanced stage of mental or emotional development he has matured and is ready to take on new responsibilities 同義詞
- ▪ (with reference to certain foods or drinks) become or cause to become ready for consumption leave the cheese to mature the Scotch is matured for a minimum of three years 同義詞
- 2. (of an insurance policy, security, etc.) reach the end of its term and hence become payable when the policy matures it pays off the loan
- an adult student who attends college or university some years after leaving school.
- (of certain foods and drinks) having a rich, satisfying flavour developed through ageing: a well-matured Merlot
- (of certain foods and drinks) having a rich, satisfying flavor developed through aging: a well-matured Merlot
Oxford American Dictionary
- fully developed physically; full-grown: she was now a mature woman owls are sexually mature at one year
- (of an organism) become physically mature: children mature at different ages the trees take at least thirty years to mature
Oxford American Dictionary
Mature & Ripe不一樣 Mature : Of characteristic of full development, either mental or physical; e.g. mature for her age. Mature (=ripe): Thoroughly matured, as by study or experience; e.g. (mature...
以成熟的民主: matured democracy (過去分詞) 成熟中的民主:maturing democracy (現在分詞) 你大可... movement, chronicling milestones in the nation's maturing democracy. 來這個大廳的參觀者也可以看到記錄著國家成熟中民主里程碑的台灣...
這是色情網站才會出現的吧。 ★英: Mature content: This site contains mature content only suitable for adults. ☆中: 成人內容: 這個網站包含成人內容只適合成年人!