- (of an animal) wound (a person or animal) by scratching and tearing；treat (something) savagely or roughly
- (in rugby union) a loose scrum formed around a player with the ball off the ground.；another term for beetle
noun: maul, plural noun: mauls
- 1. (of an animal) wound (a person or animal) by scratching and tearing a man was mauled by a lion at London Zoo 同義詞
- ▪ treat (something) savagely or roughly the body was badly mauled in battle 同義詞
- ▪ handle (someone) roughly, especially for sexual gratification the last thing I wanted to do was have a slobbering drunk mauling me 同義詞
- ▪ defeat heavily in a game or match the team were mauled 4-0 by Manchester City
- ▪ subject to fierce criticism during the trial she was mauled by the media 同義詞
- ▪ take part in a maul the forwards rucked and mauled to near perfection
- 1. (in rugby union) a loose scrum formed around a player with the ball off the ground.
- 2. another term for beetle
- (of an animal) wound (a person or animal) by scratching and tearing: the herdsmen were mauled by lions
- a tool with a heavy head and a handle, used for tasks such as ramming, crushing, and driving ...
Oxford American Dictionary