- intend to convey or refer to (a particular thing); signify；(of a word) have (something) as its signification in the same language or its equivalent in another language
verb: mean, 3rd person present: means, gerund or present participle: meaning, past tense: meant, past participle: meant
- 1. intend to convey or refer to (a particular thing); signify I don't know what you mean he was asked to clarify what his remarks meant 同義詞
- ▪ (of a word) have (something) as its signification in the same language or its equivalent in another language its name means ‘painted rock’ in Cherokee
- ▪ genuinely intend to express (something) when she said that she meant it
- ▪ be of a specified degree of importance to (someone) animals have always meant more to him than people
- 2. intend (something) to occur or be the case they mean no harm it was meant to be a secret 同義詞
- ▪ be supposed to do something we were meant to go over yesterday
- ▪ design or destine for a particular purpose the jacket was meant for a much larger person 同義詞
- ▪ have something as a motive or explanation in saying or doing what do you mean by leaving me out here in the cold? 同義詞
- ▪ be generally considered to be this one's meant to be priceless
- 3. have as a consequence or result the proposals are likely to mean another hundred closures heavy rain meant that the pitch was waterlogged 同義詞
- ▪ necessarily or usually entail or involve coal stoves mean a lot of smoke
meant是及物動詞mean的過去式和過去分詞。 What does X mean?是問句...，疑問代名詞what是主詞補語。 否定結構也會用到助動詞：I didn't mean to to step on your toe. to be meant的用法如下： The ...
Standard mean difference: 我從沒聽過 standard mean difference, 但是我知道 Standard mean error...平均值 (當可變變數為多少時，應變變數的平均為多少)，然後 Standard mean error就是實際資料的應變變數值和那個平均值的一般差距 (the typical difference between...
Pink balloons mean the baby is a girl. 要是是紫色的氣球, 表示小嬰兒是個女生 這裡的mean...補充： 對喔purple才是紫色 不好意思我每次都搞錯 the baby is a girl 是 mean 的受詞子句 句型為 主詞 + 動詞 + 受詞 2009-10-04 21:01:26 補充...