- come into the presence or company of (someone) by chance or arrangement；make the acquaintance of (someone) for the first time
- an organized event at which a number of races or other sporting contests are held
verb: meet, 3rd person present: meets, gerund or present participle: meeting, past tense: met, past participle: met
- 1. come into the presence or company of (someone) by chance or arrangement a week later I met him in the street we met for lunch 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ make the acquaintance of (someone) for the first time she took Paul to meet her parents we met at an office party 同義詞
- ▪ (of a group of people) assemble for a particular purpose the committee meets once a week 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ have a meeting with (someone) he met with the president on September 16
- ▪ go to a place and wait there for (a person or their means of transport) to arrive I offered to meet their train 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ play or oppose in a contest in the final match, the U.S. will meet Brazil the Twins and Mariners will not meet again until September
- ▪ encounter or be faced with (a particular fate, situation, attitude, or reaction) he met his death in 1946 we met with a slight setback 同義詞
- ▪ have (a particular reaction) to the announcement was met with widespread protests 同義詞
- ▪ receive (a particular reaction) I'm sorry if it doesn't meet with your approval
- 2. touch; join the curtains failed to meet in the middle our eyes met across the table 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. fulfill or satisfy (a need, requirement, or condition) this policy is doing nothing to meet the needs of women they failed to meet the noon deadline 同義詞
- ▪ pay (a financial claim or obligation) all your household expenses will still have to be met 同義詞
- 1. an organized event at which a number of races or other sporting contests are held a swim meet
我記得meet應該是及物動詞，但是今天看到一個例句是： If you would like to meet with Mr. Higgins, you must ...many top industry executives, who routinely meet with clients , Lasser was...
...particular principle, person or plan of action 翻成中文簡單來說就是"承諾" 而meet在這裡做"達成、滿足"的意思解釋 所以您的外籍友人整具意思是說...
...組織取名為 Club Scrub。而這個組織的會議或聚會就簡稱為 scrub meeting。 也可以當成是一堆的 scrub 來開會~~~ ha ha.... Scrubs = medical personnel...