- arrange or happen to come into the presence or company of (someone)；make the acquaintance of (someone) for the first time
- a gathering of riders and hounds before a hunt begins；an organized event at which a number of races or other athletic contests are held
noun: meet, plural noun: meets
verb: meet, 3rd person present: meets, gerund or present participle: meeting, past tense: met, past participle: met
- 1. arrange or happen to come into the presence or company of (someone) a week later I met him in the street we met for lunch 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ make the acquaintance of (someone) for the first time she took Paul to meet her parents we met at an office party 同義詞
- ▪ (of a group of people) assemble for a purpose the committee meets once a fortnight 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ have a meeting with (someone) he met with the president on September 16
- ▪ go to a place and wait there for (a person or their means of transport) to arrive Stuart met us off the boat 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ come together as opponents in a competition in the final group match, England will meet the Australians the teams will meet in the European Cup final at Wembley
- ▪ encounter or experience (a particular situation or attitude) he met his death in 1946 we met with a slight setback 同義詞
- ▪ have (a particular reaction) to the announcement was met with widespread protests 同義詞
- ▪ receive (a particular reaction) I'm sorry if it doesn't meet with your approval
- 2. touch; join icebergs are created when glaciers meet the sea the curtains failed to meet in the middle 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. fulfil or satisfy (a need, requirement, or condition) this policy is doing nothing to meet the needs of women 同義詞
- ▪ pay (a financial claim or obligation) all your household expenses will still have to be met 同義詞
- 1. British a gathering of riders and hounds before a hunt begins she fell from her horse during a weekend meet
- 2. an organized event at which a number of races or other athletic contests are held major meets such as national championships
- 3. informal a meeting, typically one with an illicit purpose the meet with Frank is on for 10 o'clock
我記得meet應該是及物動詞，但是今天看到一個例句是： If you would like to meet with Mr. Higgins, you must ...many top industry executives, who routinely meet with clients , Lasser was...
...particular principle, person or plan of action 翻成中文簡單來說就是"承諾" 而meet在這裡做"達成、滿足"的意思解釋 所以您的外籍友人整具意思是說...
...組織取名為 Club Scrub。而這個組織的會議或聚會就簡稱為 scrub meeting。 也可以當成是一堆的 scrub 來開會~~~ ha ha.... Scrubs = medical personnel...