- make or become liquefied by heat；dissolve in liquid
- an act or period of melting；metal or other material in a melted condition.
verb: melt, 3rd person present: melts, gerund or present participle: melting, past tense: melted, past participle: melted
- 1. make or become liquefied by heat the hot metal melted the wax place under the broiler until the cheese has melted 同義詞
- ▪ dissolve in liquid add a cup of sugar and boil until the sugar melts
- 2. make or become more tender or loving Richard gave her a smile that melted her heart she was so beautiful that I melted 同義詞
- 3. leave or disappear unobtrusively the compromise was accepted and the opposition melted away the figure melted into thin air 同義詞
- ▪ change or merge imperceptibly into (another form or state) the cheers melted into gasps of admiration
- 1. an act or period of melting the precipitation falls as snow and is released during the spring melt
- ▪ metal or other material in a melted condition.
- ▪ a quantity of metal melted in one operation.
- ▪ a sandwich, hamburger, or other dish containing or topped with melted cheese a tuna melt