- a person, animal, or plant belonging to a particular group；a person, country, or organization that has joined a group, society, or team
noun: member, plural noun: members
- 1. a person, animal, or plant belonging to a particular group interest from members of the public a member of the lily family 同義詞
- ▪ a person, country, or organization that has joined a group, society, or team the EU's member countries a member of the drama club 同義詞
- ▪ a person formally elected to take part in the proceedings of certain organizations a Member of Parliament members of Congress
- 2. a constituent piece of a complex structure the main member that joins the front and rear axles
- ▪ a part of a sentence, equation, group of figures, mathematical set, etc.
- 3. archaic a part or organ of the body, especially a limb. 同義詞
- ▪ the penis.