- a person or thing that is likely to cause harm; a threat or danger；a threatening quality, tone, or atmosphere
- threaten, especially in a malignant or hostile manner
verb: menace, 3rd person present: menaces, gerund or present participle: menacing, past tense: menaced, past participle: menaced
noun: menace, plural noun: menaces
- 1. a person or thing that is likely to cause harm; a threat or danger a new initiative aimed at beating the menace of drugs the snakes are a menace to farm animals 同義詞
- ▪ a threatening quality, tone, or atmosphere he spoke the words with a hint of menace 同義詞
- ▪ a person or thing that causes trouble or annoyance his kid sister, that chatty little menace, had become the knockout of the neighborhood 同義詞
- 1. threaten, especially in a malignant or hostile manner Africa's elephants are still menaced by poaching 同義詞
menace • noun 1 a dangerous or troublesome person or thing. 2 a threatening quality. To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”—Theodore Roosevelt, American president...
menace n. 威脅性的言行;具有危害性的人(或物)[C] [例句] These local conflicts may constitute a menace to world peace. 這些地方性的衝突有可能對世界和平構成威脅。 => 威脅到...
....ace 】 <<名詞>> 1 a. 威嚇; 威脅 the menace of nuclear war 核子戰爭的威脅 b. 恐嚇; 脅迫 2 麻煩的人; 難纏的人; 可厭的...