- showing or exercising mercy；(of an event) coming as a mercy; bringing someone relief from something unpleasant
- 1. showing or exercising mercy:
it was the will of a merciful God that all should be saved
- 2. (of an event) coming as a mercy; bringing someone relief from something unpleasant:
her death was a merciful release
- adj.showing or exercising mercy:
- William did not believe in being merciful to those who fought against him
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
...一無所知 I do not know (anything) but what your Honor would be merciful to if you tied a rope around their necks and let them...
“Blessed are the merciful”是倒裝句。 = The merciful are blessed. 主詞 the merciful...人 例如: the brave= the brave people the ugly= the ugly people the mericiful= the merciful people 註二： 倒裝句例句： Done was the deal. = The...
Most merciful God,I confess that I have sinned against you in ...