- combine or cause to combine to form a single entity；blend or cause to blend gradually into something else so as to become indistinguishable from it
verb: merge, 3rd person present: merges, gerund or present participle: merging, past tense: merged, past participle: merged
- 1. combine or cause to combine to form a single entity the merchant bank merged with another broker he agreed to merge his broadcasting company with a multinational concern 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ blend or cause to blend gradually into something else so as to become indistinguishable from it he crouched low and endeavoured to merge into the darkness of the forest he placed a sheet of paper over the fresh paint to merge the colours 同義詞
- ▪ absorb (a title or estate) in another.
- combine or cause to combine to form a single entity: the utility companies are cutting costs and merging with other companies the company plans to merge its U.S. oil production operations with those of a London-based organization
Oxford American Dictionary