- an underground railway system in a city, especially Paris.；an underground train, especially in Paris.
noun: metro, plural noun: metros
- 1. an underground railway system in a city, especially Paris.
- ▪ an underground train, especially in Paris.
- 2. North American, Indian, South African a major city or metropolitan region auditions were held in all major metros of the country
- 1. North American metropolitan the Detroit metro area
- Uterus. metritis.
- a subway system in a city, especially Paris.
- metropolitan: the Detroit metro area
Oxford American Dictionary