- the middle part of summer；another term for summer solstice
noun: midsummer, plural noun: midsummers
- 1. the middle part of summer the midsummer heat
- ▪ another term for summer solstice
- foolish or reckless behaviour, considered to be at its height at midsummer.
- (in England, Wales, and Ireland) June 24, originally coinciding with the summer solstice and in ...
Oxford American Dictionary
- 24 June, a quarter day in England, Wales, and Ireland, originally coinciding with the summer ...
- the middle part of summer: the plant blooms in midsummer