- a petty quarrel or fit of pique
noun: miff, plural noun: miffs
verb: miff, 3rd person present: miffs, gerund or present participle: miffing, past tense: miffed, past participle: miffed
- 1. informal annoy she was slightly miffed at not being invited
- 1. archaic a petty quarrel or fit of pique like ladies in a miff who won't explain
- somewhat annoyed; peeved: she turned around, looking slightly miffed she was miffed at not being invited
- annoy: I'll confess it miffed me slightly at the time a doctor might be miffed by claims that the cure had no medical explanation
- a petty quarrel or fit of pique: like ladies in a miff who won't explain
這句話其實再加個標點符號就很清楚了： but it means little, if not nothing, to her. 更完整的寫： but it means little to her, if it does not means nothing to her. if not nothing 其實是一種省略的寫法，這種省略的寫法常當插入語穿插在句子當中做...
【Many small firms hate Google because they relied on exploiting its search formulas to win prime positions in its rankings, but dropped to the internet's equivalent of Hades after Google...