- the work or vocation of a minister of religion；the period of tenure of a minister of religion.
noun: ministry, plural noun: ministries
- 1. the work or vocation of a minister of religion he is training for the ministry 同義詞
- ▪ the period of tenure of a minister of religion.
- ▪ the spiritual work or service of any Christian or a group of Christians, especially evangelism a ministry of Christian healing 同義詞
- 2. (in certain countries) a government department headed by a minister of state the Ministry of Agriculture 同義詞
- 3. (in certain countries) a period of government under one prime minister Gladstone's first ministry was outstanding 同義詞
- 4. rare the action of ministering to someone the soldiers were no less in need of his ministry