- with the subtraction of；lacking; deprived of
- (before a number) below zero; negative；(after a grade) slightly worse than
- short for minus sign；a mathematical operation of subtraction.
noun: minus, plural noun: minuses
- 1. with the subtraction of what's ninety-three minus seven?
- ▪ informal lacking; deprived of he was minus a finger on each hand
- 2. (of temperature) below zero minus 10° Fahrenheit
- 1. (before a number) below zero; negative minus five
- 2. (after a grade) slightly worse than my lowest grade was a B minus
- 3. having a negative electric charge.
- 1. short for minus sign
- ▪ a mathematical operation of subtraction.
- 2. a disadvantage for every plus with this equipment there can be a minus