- quote (a person or a piece of written or spoken text) inaccurately
- a passage or remark quoted inaccurately
noun: misquote, plural noun: misquotes
verb: misquote, 3rd person present: misquotes, gerund or present participle: misquoting, past tense: misquoted, past participle: misquoted
- 1. quote (a person or a piece of written or spoken text) inaccurately:
the foreign secretary had misquoted Qian
- 1. a passage or remark quoted inaccurately:
a misquote from a poem by Robert Burns
- v.quote (a person or a piece of written or spoken text) inaccurately:
- the government insisted that the official had been misquoted
- n.a passage or remark quoted inaccurately:
- a misquote from a poem by Robert Burns
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
白話而簡潔的翻譯如下: "沉默永不出錯" misquote:引用錯誤,誤用的意思
... SILENT. 你有權保持緘默 Anything you say will be misquoted, and then used against you. 你說的任何一句話將會被斷章取義, 而且會對...
... representative for Saoirse claims that the actress was misquoted and “never said that”. 一位莎爾絲羅南的代表聲明,這位女演員被錯誤...