- make partial or minor changes to (something)；transform (a structure) from its original anatomical form during development or evolution.
verb: modify, 3rd person present: modifies, gerund or present participle: modifying, past tense: modified, past participle: modified
- 1. make partial or minor changes to (something) she may be prepared to modify her views the theory has been modified to fit subsequent experimental evidence 同義詞
- ▪ transform (a structure) from its original anatomical form during development or evolution.
- ▪ (especially of an adjective) restrict or add to the sense of (a noun) the target noun is modified by a ‘direction’ word
- ▪ pronounce (a speech sound) differently from the norm for that sound.