- an implement consisting of a bundle of thick loose strings or a sponge attached to a handle, used for wiping floors or other surfaces.；an act of wiping something clean
- clean or soak up liquid from (something) by wiping；wipe (something) away from a surface
noun: mop, plural noun: mops
- 1. an implement consisting of a bundle of thick loose strings or a sponge attached to a handle, used for wiping floors or other surfaces.
- 2. an act of wiping something clean:
the kitchen needed a quick mop
- 3. a thick mass of disordered hair:
her tousled mop of blonde hair
- 1. clean or soak up liquid from (something) by wiping:
she mopped the floor and cleaned out two cupboards
- 2. wipe (something) away from a surface:
a barmaid rushed forward to mop up the spilt beer
- 3. wipe sweat or tears from (one's face or eyes):
he pulled a handkerchief from his pocket to mop his brow
He is speaking slowly.他慢慢地說 1.為什 is speaking 是"不及物動詞"? 2.這句話不是進行式? Mom is mopping the floor busily 媽媽正忙著拖地 1.此時 is mopping 卻不是不及物動詞 而是進行式?
...及物動詞(另例也可當及物動詞)。2.這句話是現在進行式。 # Mom is mopping the floor busily. 媽媽正忙著拖地。 ← 1.“mopping ”the floor是及物動詞(另...
這句動詞要用要加ing，變成mopping的最主要理由，是因英文慣用的語法之一：在進行式...進行式) (他那時正在拖地) (即版大原句) He will be mopping the floor around nine o’clock tomorrow morning. (未來進行式...
你好~ learn---learnt cook---cooked work---worked atay---不好意思沒有這個字喔~你是不是想打stay? stay的過去式是stayed! mop---mopped want---wanted 以上! 來源可靠~我都有再查一次字典喔~ 希望對你有幫助^~^