- a decorative design or pattern；a distinctive feature or dominant idea in an artistic or literary composition
noun: motif, plural noun: motifs
- 1. a decorative design or pattern T-shirts featuring spiral motifs 同義詞
- ▪ a distinctive feature or dominant idea in an artistic or literary composition the nautical motif of his latest novel 同義詞
- ▪ a short succession of notes producing a single impression; a brief melodic or rhythmic formula out of which longer passages are developed the motif in the second violin is submerged by the first violin's countermelody 同義詞
- ▪ an ornament of lace, braid, etc., sewn separately on a garment.
- ▪ a distinctive sequence on a protein or DNA, having a three-dimensional structure that allows binding interactions to occur.
- a decorative image or design, especially a repeated one forming a pattern: the colourful hand-painted motifs which adorn narrowboats