- a soft, indistinct sound made by a person or group of people speaking quietly or at a distance；a softly spoken or almost inaudible utterance
- say something in a low, soft, or indistinct voice；make a low continuous sound
noun: murmur, plural noun: murmurs
verb: murmur, 3rd person present: murmurs, gerund or present participle: murmuring, past tense: murmured, past participle: murmured
- 1. a soft, indistinct sound made by a person or group of people speaking quietly or at a distance his voice was little more than a murmur
- ▪ a softly spoken or almost inaudible utterance she accepted his offer with a quiet murmur of thanks
- ▪ the quiet or subdued expression of a particular feeling by a group of people there was a murmur of approval from the crowd 同義詞
- ▪ a rumor he had heard hints only, murmurs
- ▪ a low continuous sound the murmur of bees in the rhododendrons 同義詞
- ▪ a recurring sound heard in the heart through a stethoscope that is usually a sign of disease or damage.
- ▪ a condition in which the heart produces or is apt to produce a recurring sound indicative of disease or damage she had been born with a heart murmur
- 1. say something in a low, soft, or indistinct voice Nina murmured an excuse and hurried away “How interesting,” he murmured quietly
- ▪ make a low continuous sound the wind was murmuring through the trees 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ say something cautiously and discreetly they began to murmur of an uprising
- ▪ express one's discontent about (someone or something) in a subdued manner. 同義詞
- a recurring sound heard in the heart through a stethoscope that is usually a sign of disease or ... I was born with a heart murmur
- without complaining
Oxford American Dictionary
- without complaining
- a low continuous background noise: the distant murmur of traffic
- say something in a low or indistinct voice: Nina murmured an excuse and hurried away ‘How interesting,’ he murmured quietly
...分布曲線圖，排在中間位置數值稱為第50百分位。 HS: RHB. systolic murmur gr 1 / 6 at LUSB HS Heart Sounds 心音 ...
...在兩側肺部 Heart 心臟: RHB ，S1，S2 第二心音，no murmur無心雜音 Abdomen腹部 : soft柔軟 ， no tenderness無反彈痛 ， liver...
... into notice. 時鐘滴答滴答的聲音開始聲明自己的存在。 5.A breeze murmured in the trees. 微風拂樹，發出沙沙聲。 6.Bees murmured...